Monday, April 23, 2007

Never too old....


Queen Felicia, Soldier Boy and AppDaddy

Both of my lovely nieces have inspired me. My lovely wife Queen Felicia and I are now hooked on reading their (almost) daily musings on their lives. Both of them live in lands far away, so it is a great way to keep track of their young families during their growing up years.

Where did the name Dinosaur Notes come from, you may ask?

Well, I am a Red State, Red Neck, Right Wing Christian 50 something Reagan Conservative, married to the same wonderful woman these past 25 years and counting.

Our son is a Reservist in the United States Army, and is just now finishing up his Sophomore year in college. ROTC is the core of his college experience. He is a history major, which also happens to be my passion. I must have imparted something of value to him, in between yelling at him to pick up his clothes, clean his room, mow the yard (which he may have successfully completed two or three times!) etc .

Hence the name Dinosaur. Those of us who have manged to find a woman who will not only tolerate us, but still hold true the "old" values that most of us in my 'Boomer' generation were raised on are a dying breed.

My father was literally born in a log house, and lived there until his junior year of high school.
During his lifetime, he lived to see and fly on jet aircraft, own a color TV and air conditioning, and witness our astronauts walk the surface of the moon.

He would probably have a hard time accepting some of the other changes that have occurred since his far to early death in 1976, both for the good and for the bad.

Cell phones, MRI scans, cars that talk and park themselves, P.C's with more power than main frame computers had in his day, etc.

The bad? Idiots that talk on their cell phones (loudly!) in church, put on their make up while driving said intelligent cars, Rap music, 24/7 news media, "Stars" who tell us how to live, all the while outdoing Solomon himself in wealth and self indulgence, etc etc.

I don't know that I will have the time or discipline to post every day, as my niece the Mistress of Wazoo farm does, but hopefully this will inspire me to get off of my rapidly aging posterior and exercise my talent (at least I had some degree of that in my youth) for the written word.

My little clan consists of Queen Felicia, who defies time and normal aging, Soldier Boy, our officer in training and defender of all that is right and good in our all volunteer military, and three charming but typically useless four legged critters.

Rebel the Cat (give me a break what else would you call a musty Gray southern Tom Cat?), Bonnie the Shelty, fourth in a long line of lovable but loud and comical Sheep Dogs, and our newest addition, Csonk the Black Lab, now 7 months old.

In case you are wondering Dear Readers, he is named after old Number 39 of the Miami Dolphins, Larry Csonka. Fullback on the greatest football team of all time, and a favorite of mine on that great team.

He is goofy, (the dog, not Larry!) full of energy, head strong, and we think he has great intelligence lurking beneath his canine teenage antics.

When I figure out how to fully utilize all of this new-fangled technology, I may even post some pictures.

Welcome to Jurassic Park North Carolina style!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi to the Queen, Soldier Boy, the nieces, and of course to the Old Man.
Great job.
Book Reviews?
Favorite URLs?
You keep writin', we'll keep readin'.
Keep the Faith!
Phil