Tuesday, August 4, 2009

When the kids are quiet....

it isn't necessarily a good thing!

My Super Niece Ellie must be on vacation. Kim hasn't written about any of her exploits for some time now.
Where does a particularly rambunctious 3 1/2 year old go to unwind?
My guess is Vegas. What happens there, etc etc.

Speaking of which, the Queen and I will be making our first trip there in September.
BICSI, the professional organization I belong to has their fall conference there.
Since my former masters were too cheap to send me to Orlando in Jan per normal, I need my CEU's.
Also, we will be scheduling meetings with prospective vendors to add to our lines of representation.

Things are moving along on that front, I continue to get affirmation that this is indeed our path.
Just yesterday I was researching some companies that looked like a good fit.
One in particular is HQ'd right here in RTP in our area.
I had a friend who worked there whom I had lost contact with.
Guess who called me that afternoon after hearing what had happened to me?
You got it, that same friend.
He reminded me (I had forgotten) that when he lost his contract at UNC and was looking for work, I helped him find that position.
"It's my time to scratch your back now!" he told me.
He will get me in touch with the higher ups there to help me land that line.

The I AM doesn't usually speak to us verbally, or make the Sun go backwards.
He just makes things happen to move us where he wants us.

This is family week, Grandma Irene is already here.
I say here figuratively, she and the Queen are constantly out looking for trouble and having fun.
My Aunt Kitty and Ken are coming in tomorrow.
We will drive to Boone Thurs AM, where my sister will meet us.
Bev and Don will be there for dinner Friday and the ceremony Sat am before heading to Ft Benning to see Don before he deploys to Iraq.

Busy week!

No comments: