Friday, June 8, 2007

"Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits!"


Bunnies. Skads and skads of Bunnies!
Where do they all come from?





Is there a bunny factory, or is it true that they are born preggers?
We are literally overrun with the little stinkers.
And not only are they born 'with bunny', they are also born with a voracious appetite.
And not for the nasty weeds and such that we would like to have eliminated, but for our new plants.

The scene is from my patio at the condo in Scottsdale where I had my sales meeting last fall.
Since they had the only real grass lawn in a 1,000 mile radius, they were inundated with rabbits. I could see almost a dozen from where I sat when I shot this picture.

And the little rodents (Sorry Bugs!) can clear out a cabbage or lettuce patch in one night.
Hippity Hoppity my behind!
They are a real nuisance for the serious gardener.
We seem to be in the wabbit Michelin guide, a five star resort no less.
"Great food and plenty of it, but beware the crazy guy who will chase you around muttering incoherently"

They seem to enjoy taunting us. They will sit there and stare at the dogs when they bark, knowing that they cannot get off of the deck to attack them.
One sat in the back yard last night calmly munching our clover while I mowed.
He didn't move until I headed towards him with the mower, and then he did so with an attitude. I could swear that he mooned me as he hopped into the woods.
"Ah, go soak your head, old guy! You're too slow to catch me!"
Floppsy bunny he isn't, to be sure.
More like in your face bunny.

I am tempted to get the trusty old 20ga out and oil it up.
If I can lay my hands on a copy of "Kill The Wabbit" (to the tune of Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries" from the classic Bugs Bunny cartoon) I may try some psych/ops against them.
It worked on Manuel Noreiga in Panama.

Felicia is afraid that she will find me sitting under a tree in full camo, channeling Elmer Fudd and muttering "I'll get you, you wascally wabbit! Hahahahahahahahahah....."
I don't think I'd look good in his hat, though.

1 comment:

Kimberly Long Cockroft said...

I don't know; you may look quite handsome in Elmer's hat, though I'm not sure the dropped Rs would suit you as well.

If it's not bunnies, it's groundhogs, or deer, or bugs. Cheeky, cheeky, all of them.