Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Fever

It is 70 here today.

Glorious!

We are due for one more (I hope!) cold snap through the weekend, with yet more rain.

Then we hope Spring will really be here!

Our plants are as eager to get out of my garage as I am for them to vamoose.

The winter rye grass in my yard has never looked thicker or more luxurious.
So much so that the Queen has convinced me of the wisdom of paying someone else to do the first mowing of the year.
We found a local lawn service last year that does good work for a fair price.

I'll then do our annual weed-n-feed spring maintenance, and she will start chopping, digging clearing and mulching prior to putting out seeds and young plants.

A fence for Csonk is in the plans around part of the back yard.
Maybe I'll get started on that patio down below the deck as well.

As long as my Fred G. Sanford Arthur-itis doesn't hit me too hard, I look forward to getting dirty.

I am sure that the Queen of the Manor will post some in progress pictures

No comments: