Wednesday, October 7, 2009

legality, young adulthood and playoff baseball

I heard back from the NC Secretary of State that my company name was cleared, and my application was accepted and filed for the LLC.
I also have my taxpayer ID number, have to pay Caesar!

We're now legal, I will sign the contracts for our first two represented lines next week.
It will be a long, hard struggle until we are profitable, but for the first time in my long working life I'm working for us!
Many people in my industry who lost their jobs in the current Obameconomy are also starting their own businesses.

In the long run, our economy and the Republic will be stronger than ever, as long as we keep our free spending career politicians in check.
We do that at the ballot box.
They must be held accountable, regardless of party.
Remember that next November in the 2010 mid term elections.

Item two, we called our son the LT at his office today.
It was a hoot hearing "2LT Harvey, may I help you?"
As Paul put it and I paraphrase "Leaving our childish ways behind us"
He has been impressing the daylights out of me of late with the maturity of his decisions.
The Army provides excellent counseling for their new officers, and between them and what I have been preaching he already has the framework in order for eventual financial independence.

Light years ahead of me, even now in the (early) Autumn of my working life!

Item three, the baseball playoffs are here!
Of all the team sports, none can be so dramatic as baseball.

Last night the Twins and the Detroit Tigers played a one game playoff for the division title and final post season playoff spot.
They finished dead even after playing 162 regular season games.
This is the second year in a row that Minnesota has done so, losing a similar game last year to the White Sox.

This game met and exceeded the hype.
Dramatic home runs, clutch catches and double plays, and two incredible plays at the plate sent the game into extra innings.

Finally in the bottom of the twelfth with one out, the Twins won on a clutch single.
Baseball although a team sport is in reality a man on man series of individual battles.
Batter against pitcher, fielder against base runner, and sometimes catcher against a charging bull of a runner.
With the game and the season on the line, each out is critical, and every play can signify disaster and heartbreak or jubilation.

I love post season baseball! Should be a great Division and League championship set, leading up to what should be a fantastic World Series.

Baseball is still our National Pastime, part of our culture from generation to generation.

No comments: