Friday, May 4, 2007

Meet Csonk (AKA Prince Smoochie



















Who can resist those big brown eyes?

As I mentioned previously, we added a new member to the family
last Christmas time.
His name is Csonk (in honor of Larry Csonka of the undefeated '72 Dolphins)
We were picking out our Dinosaur family Christmas tree, and looked into a large
cardboard carton placed there for our 'convenience'

Inside were two adorable (and already large) Black Labrador puppies. Free!
One lady had already laid claim to the little female pup.
Csonk looked at me with pleading eyes, and I knew I was done for.
We paid for the tree and some firewood, they delivered it, and the Queen and I
went to lunch.
I was sitting there silently eating my Taco, and the Queen said
"You are going back to get that dog, aren't you?"
I had to admit I'd been considering it.
"Well, if he's still there, then we'll probably bring him home"

He was indeed still there, and I said to myself "Sucker!"
I even pictured the big Lollypop looming over my head, ala Bugs Bunny.

We have always owned Shelties, and still have our six year old, Bonnie.

So having a small horse at Jurassic Park has been a learning experience for us.
Queen Felicia's Chiropractor is happy, as she has been back several times to deal
with an aggravated shoulder injury from years back.
Csonk is as strong as his namesake!
But he is a gentle giant, and totally useless as a guard dog.
To put it kindly, Csonk is a lover, not a fighter.
Something as benign as the printer in my office sends him running for cover,
barking and hiding behind momma's skirts.

He is just finishing up his second PetsMart 'school'.
The socialization with other canines is to his liking, but when he gets tired of
his lessons, he just lays down wherever he is and looks at the instructor.

He loves to give you 'smooches', which are more safely delivered when he is behind
the rail of our deck.
Otherwise his smooches more closely resemble head butts.

He is a natural born clown, and none of us can imagine life without him now.
Soldier B0y has a particular affinity for him.
Two rough-housing young bucks. Two of a kind!

I guess I will have to give Bonnie equal time in a future post, or she'll sulk.

Felicia getting a 'Smooch' from Csonk.

No comments: